Thursday, November 28, 2013

Comenius in Turkey (by Marta Espinosa)

This exchange has been an unforgettable experience. We've had a very good time in Turkey.
We went to a city away from Istanbul called Balikesir. We traveled by bus. We spent five days there with our partners.
My partner’s name is Hilal Begum. In Turkey, the people have two names and one surname. She’s 13 years old and her brother is 16. The first day they showed me their house and my bedroom. The house was very big, they had two living rooms, a kitchen, two bathrooms and 4 bedrooms. Before entering home, I had to take off my shoes. The floor was full of carpets and all was very clean.  
One of the hardest things about living with another family is the food and even more if they eat different food. I tried all the things that they gave to me.
The language was difficult too because the family spoke Turkish all the time and I didn’t understand anything. The only one who spoke a little of English was the girl and sometimes it was difficult to understand her. Despite these minor difficulties and differences, we did many fun activities. We went hiking to the mountain. It was a little bit tiring but then we had a reward. We did a barbecue near the river and we ate there. Another day we did a game of orientation. They gave us a map and we
had to follow the red points. We visited Balikesir too and the last day we stayed all the morning at school. The classes were like our classes and the subjects too. We had to explain things about Barcelona in front of all the class. I think all the girls liked us, they were always telling us how beautiful and nice we were. The farewell day was hard but we said that we would keep in touch.



No comments:

Post a Comment